Purpose and Belief
Growing passionate followers of Jesus Christ by serving all people.
All aspects of our lives are to be seen from a biblical worldview.
Our actions flow out of personal and corporate prayer versus
praying over decisions we’ve already made.
Corporately, each member of our church must be trained and
equipped to serve Jesus Christ.
With a sense of urgency to seek and to save those who are lost,
we are intentionally focused on building relevant connections
(bridges) to those who do not know Christ in our community,
region and world.
In the spirit of unity, cooperation, ownership and accountability
we strive to break through cultural and generational barriers by
allowing the life-changing power of God’s spirit to create a
welcoming place for a diverse people.
- Be a friend of God.
- Profess Faith in Christ’s death and resurrection for our sins.
- Participate actively and regularly in weekly worship services.
- Attend daily to one’s relationship with the Lord.
- Invest daily in one’s relationship with family and friends.
- Create a culture of honor.
- Be a student of His Word.
- Study the Bible daily and do what it says.
- Practice personal purity every day.
- Participate regularly in a small group, and specialty growth groups.
- Pray daily in dependence on God’s Holy Spirit for everything.
- Pray with and for others often.
- Give control of your life to the Holy Spirit.
- Give generously of time, talents, and treasure.
- Live a financially responsible lifestyle.
- Be a servant to all.
- Identify, develop and utilize spiritual gifts to serve in the church.
- Serve others daily in practical ways, beginning with your family.
- Serve regularly in a ministry of the church.
- Be an ambassador of the Gospel.
- Develop intentional relationships within your community.
- Give away your faith to family and friends and, invite them into the body of Christ.
- Serve in an outreach ministry of the church to our community, (families; Shepherd students, staff, and faculty; people in distress), region and world.
Building Bridges of hope that connect our community, region, and world to Christ.
God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Man is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God's creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." This attitude separates man from God.
Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God, through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Salvation is a gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can man be saved from sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security.
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily.
The Bible is God's Word to all men. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.